The Pumpkins are here!
Help Sell Pumpkins:
Trinity Students Ministry has once again partnered with Pumpkins USA to raise money for its mission and ministry work that will be done in the 2019-2020 school year. Pumpkins USA works in cooperation with the Navajo Nation, they grow 1,200 acres or approximately 2 square miles of pumpkins and employee over 700 Native Americans during our harvest months of September and October. We also have a full time off-season NM staff that is comprised of entirely Native Americans. This has a positive and lasting impact on a region with 42% unemployment.The students will be taking multiple trips this year to serve others who are in need of support. We will be serving in places like Baltimore, North Carolina and here in Richmond. The money raised by the sale of pumpkins will go to help offset the cost for these trips. It helps us use more of our money to affect the most help possible in the communities that we serve. Thank you so much to everyone who has volunteered at the patch by working a shift or helping unload, and a special thank you to everyone who has supported our youth ministry by purchasing pumpkins and gourds.Pumpkin Patch Hours:-Mon.-Sat. 12-7, Sun. 12-4
How to price your pumpkin!
- Place ring of measuring tape around stem.
- Measure around the bottom of pumpkin and back up to the stem.
- Whatever the price is where the stem lines up with the measuring tape is how much the pumpkin costs.
- If it falls between two prices round down to the cheaper of the two.
Pumpkin and Gourd Prices:
Galaxy of Stars Gourds $.50
Mini Pumpkins $.50
Wee Bee Littles $1.00
Wing Gourds $2.00
Gizmo Gourds $3.00
Swan Gourds $8.00
How to pay for your pumpkin!
We take cash or checks. Please make checks payable to Trinity UMC.
If no one is at the patch while you are there, you can bring your money into the church office or return another day to settle up.Thank you so much for supporting our students here at Trinity UMC and their desire to do mission work in our community and around the country.
Thank you so much for supporting our youth here at Trinity UMC and their desire to do mission work in our community and around the country.
Instructions for Pumpkin Patch Helpers:
Task to do if you are working the patch:
- Inspect the pumpkins and if you find any with bad spots or are rotten, place in the wheelbarrow. Empty the wheelbarrow behind the church into the woods where the orange signs are.
- Replace sold pumpkins on pallets and on the tables.
- Sell lots of pumpkins!!!
- Hand out thank you notes/ things coming up cards.
- Return cash box to Bryce or the person working the next shift.