The Annual Conference Protocols which determine our Covid safety measures have been updated in keeping with CDC guidelines. This is very good news! Please note that these updates make some of the information published in the May Window newsletter obsolete.
The following changes are now in effect.
For Outdoor Worship
Fully vaccinated persons are no longer required to wear facemasks except when they are singing. Those persons who are not fully vaccinated still need to remain masked at all times.
For Indoor Worship
Limited live singing is allowed. Everyone must remain masked at all times, but the congregation may sing two hymns and up to four vocalists may offer special music. Indoor worship returns Sunday, June 6 at 11:00 a.m. in the sanctuary at Trinity. More details to come.
All other safety Protocols remain in effect. Remembering Christ’s call to love our neighbors we strive to protect our congregation and prevent spread in the community. While we do not know any schedule or timetable, we do expect more changes and easing of restrictions will be taking place. A little more than half of the adults in Henrico County are fully vaccinated. We encourage you to talk to your physician about getting vaccinated, and please encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same.
Pastor’s Corner: May 2021 (updated)
What a joy it has been since Easter Sunday, seeing so many of you in our outside services! I didn’t really recognize how much I have missed it until I experienced it again! Praise God!
Allow me to share with you upcoming changes that we anticipate. (I use the word “anticipate” to mean this is what we are planning but the rate of change is determined by the Conference Protocols which is very closely aligned with the Governor’s Office and the CDC.):
Our Livestream Services will continue at 11:00am indefinitely.
Beginning Sunday, June 6 we will also offer two in-person services.
At 9:00 AM we will offer a Modern Service, Outside.
- Our families with young children report that they love the relaxed outdoor experience.
- On rainy days we will hold the service in Trinity Hall (with prerecorded music).
- Fully vaccinated persons are no longer required to wear facemasks except when they are singing.
- Those persons who are not fully vaccinated still need to remain masked at all times.
At 11:00 AM we will offer a Traditional Service in the Sanctuary.
- Seating capacity with be approximately 100.
- Limited live singing is allowed.
- Everyone must remain masked at all times, but the congregation may sing two hymns and up to four vocalists may offer special music.
A few things to bear in mind. All of our current COVID restrictions (preregistration, facemasks worn over mouth and nose, 6 ft. social distancing, no indoor singing, etc.) will be in effect. We are hopeful that some of these restrictions will be adjusted but we have no knowledge as to a timeline for such adjustments.
“What can I do to help?” you ask?
- Volunteer! We will need a strong team to set up, check-in, usher, and clean up after each service.
- Get vaccinated as soon as you can! Herd immunity is the strategy to get all this behind us.
- Please be patient. We are all covid weary, but both the Conference and Trinity are being responsible and striving to love our neighbors and protect the community.
- Keep the faith. God has gotten us this way and God will lead us forward! Our witness and discipleship is not tested in good and easy times, but in times of challenge.
Finally, on a personal note, thank you for being such a great Church Family.