Trinity’s Healthy Church Team is opening up several spaces for small gatherings. In order to meet, groups must apply at least two weeks prior to their requested meeting date. Participation in any on-site gatherings will require completed health acknowledgment forms and adherence to the new safety policies. These policies are based on local and state health guidelines as well as the requirements of The Technical Assistance Manual for Local Churches from the Virginia Annual Conference.
If you have any questions, please contact the church office.
As we begin to open spaces for in-person gatherings, all event leaders will be required to submit a request for space two weeks prior to the intended gathering. Leaders must be familiar with the EventLeader Responsibilities and must ensure that participants are following all safety policies and procedures. No group may meet at Trinity without approval by the church staff/HCT.
At this time only some spaces are open for in-person gatherings. As more spaces are added, the request form and this page will be updated.
Participants must register for the event prior to attending. If someone arrives who has not pre-registered, the designated event leader must ask the 4 Health Acknowledgement questions and record the answers and contact information. Event leaders may download a printable poster with those 4 questions here or using the buttons below the Space Request Form.
We encourage all event leaders to send their participants to our online Health Acknowledgement Form. But, we also require event leaders to have this printable Event Attendance Sheet so that Event Leaders can take information from those who arrive without pre-registering.
Space Request Form:
We are so excited to be able to hold in-person gatherings at Trinity again. In order to participate in an in-person gathering, you must complete the Health Acknowledgement Form. You must also agree to abide by all safety policies and procedures.
Not all spaces at Trinity are open and all events must be approved 2 weeks prior to taking place. Please be sure to contact your event leader for any additional details.
Participant Health Acknowledgement Form
- The leader of any group wishing to gather must apply two weeks in advance using the form on our website. (TrinityUMC.net/gather/#request) Gatherings may not occur until approved and confirmed by the church office.
- Gatherings will not exceed 30 people.
- All gathering attendees must register with the church at least four days in advance of the meeting date using the Health Acknowledgement Form. (TrinityUMC.net/gather/#healtform)
- Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times, both indoors and outdoors. Attendees must provide their own masks.
- A minimum of six feet of physical space must be maintained between individuals not in the same household group at all times, both indoors and outdoors, including when in the parking lot.
- Verbal health acknowledgement will be required of all attendees at check in.
Each attendee will be asked to verify:
- I have not had two or more of the following symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days: fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, persistent cough, flu-like symptoms, diarrhea or intestinal upset, fatigue, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, recent loss of taste or smell.
- I have not been in contact with anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (identified in #1) in the past 14 days.
- I have not tested positive for COVID-19, nor am I awaiting test results, nor have I test positive and have not subsequently had complete resolution of COVID-19 symptoms.
- I will immediately notify the event leader if, after attending this event, I develop two or more symptoms of COVID-19, will avoid contact with others, and will seek medical attention.
- No shared food or drink will be allowed. Individuals may bring water for personal consumption. Water fountains will not be available.
- No materials may be handed out during the gathering.
- Attendees should bring their own hand sanitizer and tissues.
- Attendees participating in an outdoor gathering should bring their own chair or blanket.
- Access to the church building will be limited. Only designated spaces and restrooms will be available to the group.
- Zero tolerance for non-compliance.
Individuals refusing to comply with these requirements will be asked to leave or the gathering will be ended and all in attendance must leave.
- Anyone who attends a gathering must notify the Event Leader if they develop two or more symptoms of COVID-19 or have a positive test result within two weeks after the gathering. The Event Leader is then required to inform the pastor.
- All spaces will be cleaned and sanitized by the Trinity custodial staff between each use.
Map of Outdoor Spaces
At this time the following spaces are available for outdoor gatherings, pending approval using the forms above.
- Parking lot Rock Creek and Forest
- Back Parking lot Rock Creek Road
- Front Lawn (Pumpkin patch area)
- Front Grounds under dogwoods Westside of Sanctuary.